Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Randomness


I went out and bought some cool stuff today. I finally got some beer from Indigo Imp brewery. I can't wait to try it. As usual, I seem to be a day late and about 5 bucks short. Hopefully, in the future, I will be more informed of great things like this before everyone else knows about them.

I also purchased Michael Ruhlman's new book : Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind The Craft of Everyday Cooking.


I have actually been looking forward to this book for awhile. I think the image on the cover would make a sweet, functional tattoo. What do you think? Never again would you have to look up recipes, you could just look at your arm or leg!!

I noticed a post on Cage Free Tomatoes blog as well today. The post was about raising your own chickens. I want to do this really bad, but don't know if it is possible in Cleveland Heights. Anyone know if this is possible?

I'm also extremely pleased with the new Spring menu at Fire. Food is fun, simple, and clean. If you haven't checked it out, you should give it a try.

I'm also working on some pretty cool stuff that I hope to be able to share in the near future. Now, I finally got all of the random thoughts out of my head and it's time to enjoy some Indigo Imp!!

5 comments:

The CFT said...

My chicken raising services are at your command. Stuart knows how to get in touch.

Ben Fambrough said...

Don't think you're going to get the okay on chickens in this neighborhood, brother.

Also, beer usually puts the random thoughts INTO my head. :)

Let me know what you think of the Indigo Imp. I actually wasn't crazy about the Oberon. It's me, not the beer. I'm just an Ale afficiando. I'll leave the lagers for you.

Cheers!

spasstastic said...

do u think its possible in Cleveland Heights?

The CFT said...

Permissible -- no. Possible -- yes. I'll bet there are plenty of them of them around. I used to live in the heights. It's all about your neighbors. Disclaimer: The CFT does not endorse violating local ordinances, but may be willing to help.

Deitri said...

It's a fourth degree misdemeanor to raise chickens in Cleveland Heights unless you have them for a business purpose, in which case you need a license.
Even if your neighbors don't mind, I'd be wary since the city inspects the outside of properties on a regular basis -- I got dinged last year.