Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ohhh Boy!! Oberon and Oysters


This post is kind of late, but still worth a read. On my birthday, which happened to be the day after Oberon was released, we decided to get some oysters.

My favorite type, right now, are Island Creek Oysters. These oysters are delightfully briny and slightly sweet. We decided to get a couple dozen and chow down.

I always make a mignonette when I eat my oysters. I have never made one with beer and that's where the Oberon comes in.

Here's the recipe:

Oberon Mignonette

1 T. Crushed Black Peppercorns
1 each Orange, zested and juiced
1/2 c. Red Wine Vinegar
1 btl. Oberon
2 each Shallots, minced
pinch of fleur de sel
excess liquor

Combine the first 6 ingredients and set aside in your refrigerator. Shuck your oysters over a bowl, so you can catch any of that tasty liquor that might escape. Add this to the chilled mignonette and enjoy.

No comments: